How to Fix Lexmark Printer Problems – Troubleshooting Steps
Fix Lexmark Printer Problems by chatting with Lexmark Printer Support, 24 hours within 7 days available during the holidays. Troubleshooting steps in fixing Lexmark printer problems involves: –
Step 1: Ensure that the AC adapter of the printer is properly connected to the power outlet and USB cable attached to the port.
Step 2: Lift up the plastic cover and the laser toner or ink cartridges’.
Step 3: Look for any errors shown on the printer screen or device and try troubleshooting according to error code.
Step 4: Check for any updates required for performance, remove the printer software and drivers installed while setting up the printer and reinstall them after instructions.
Step 5: open control panel window and click printer icon.
How to Fix Lexmark Printer Offline
Lexmark printer offline problems need to be resolved in order to continue working with the printer. Printer offline can be fixed to make Lexmark printer offline to online by following the steps below: –
Step 1: printer connection.
Check printers’ connection with the PC by.
- Restarting the printer on and off then wait for a moment until it gets restarted.
- Check printers connection.
- Check if the USB cable has any fault or not if the printer is connected through USB.
- Check if the cable is well connected to the Ethernet port is the printer is connected with a wired network.
- If the printer is connected through a wireless network ensure that is connected to the PC network.
Step 2: update printer driver either through the manual driver or automatic driver.
Step 3: check the status of the printer by.
- Turning it on and off to reset it.
- On keyboard press, the windows logo key and I at the same time then click devices.
- Click devices and printers
- Click the green check-mark icon and click see what’s printing.
- Click printer.
Step 4: Restart the printer Spooler device by.
- Pressing the window logo key and R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Press P key faster locate print spooler item.
- Lack of status running, right click printer spooler and click start.
- Or restart the device by clicking the print spooler and then click restart.
How to Fix Lexmark Printer Paper Jams Issues
A paper jam can be fixed in Lexmark printers models E230, E232, E234, E330, and E332n. The problem generated from paper jams includes paper damage and printer not feeding the papers. The solution for paper jam involves the following steps: –
- First, remove the tray, look for and remove any jammed or damaged paper found in the printer.
- Open the front cover and remove the print cartridge assembly. It is important not to leave the cartridge assembled exposed to direct light such as sunlight for a long period of time. long exposures to light damage green photo-conductor roller and cause more print quality problems.
- Remove the papers found in the jam and the area behind the print cartridge assembly
- Lift the flap at the front of the printer and remove any paper found jammed beneath the flap.
- Open the rear exit door or the cover of the printer and remove any jammed paper found.
- Reinstall the print cartridge after confirming the entire paper path is clear, close printer doors or covers and reinstall any paper trays removed.
- Press continue button and resume printing.
- Press the continue button twice quickly while continuing and paper jam lights are on in case the paper continues to jam.
Fix Lexmark Printer not Printing Problems
Failure of Lexmark printer, not printing problems may encounter one of several issues. The steps involved in handling problems of failed prints include: –
- Click the start button and control panel.
- Type computer management in the control panel search box and double click on the icon that appears.
- Click on services and then click on the printer spooler. Click on the restart to restart spooler service and send print job again to see if the problem is fixed.
- Unplug the Lexmark printer and disconnect interface cable. Open Lexmark printer and ensure no paper is caught within the machine. Leave the printer powered down for 30 seconds before reconnection it. Send a print job to Lexmark and see if the problem is fixed.
- Uninstall and reinstall drivers that came with the printer.
- Check Lexmark site for updates drivers for a specific printer. If the driver came with the printer it may not work correctly.
How to Solve Lexmark Printer Print head Error
Fixing Lexmark Printer head error can be done by following two troubleshooting guides: –
Method 1: cleaning the print head.
The following steps are involved in method 1
Step 1: go to replace the print head in the menu of Lexmark printer and follow the steps below: –
- Press the Wrench button.
- Scroll down to maintenance menu.
- Click okay button.
- Scroll replace print head option.
- Check okay button.
Step 2: open Lexmark printer and lift the latch.
Step 3: lift the print head out of Lexmark printer.
Step 4: Clean the contacts on the print head.
Step 5: wipe the print head contacts.
Step 6: firmly reinsert the print head.
Step 7: close the cover.
If Removing and reinserting the print head does not resolve the error, then proceed to method 2
Method 2- involves the following steps
- Download the latest printer firmware through Lexmark support website to fix Lexmark printer problems.
- Enter printer model in what’s your product field then click submit button.
- Download latest printer firmware according to printer
- Follow the download process and click on the download button.
- After downloading open save file and run.