- How to Download Lexmark Printer Drivers in MAC
- Lexmark Printer Driver for Windows 10 – Download & Install
- Lexmark Printer Problems with Windows 10
- Lexmark Printer Not Communicating with Computer
- Connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi
- Lexmark Printer not Printing
- How to Fix Lexmark Printer Problems – Troubleshooting Steps
- Drivers & Software
- About Us
- Contact us
How to Fix Lexmark Printer Scanning Problems
If your Lexmark Printer is showing issues while scanning, here is a comprehensive content to help you resolve it. We will start from the beginning; this is to ensure that you have set up the scan profile correctly.
In this article, you’ll how to fix problems associated with your Lexmark Scanners. If you aren’t aware, then let me remind you that new operating systems no longer support several Lexmark Scanners.
If you are Scanner is old then you need to replace it with a newer one. Or in case if it was working fine with the new operating system but somehow stopped working without any warnings, then kindly follow the guide below to fix the issue.
Fix Lexmark Printer Scanning Problems
For some reason, if your scanner isn’t functioning correctly and maybe not working at all more often than not, the problem is that you’ve either out-of-date incorrect or missing scanner drivers. A driver is software that helps communicate with your computer and printer or scanner.
When you’ve missing drivers or out-of-date drivers, the communication process breaks down, and the device will not function properly, so what you have to do is to download and install the correct drivers.
Unfortunately, this can often be quite difficult to do manually not only to find the right driver but also to find the one that matches your specific specifications because if you download the wrong drivers, you a lot more problems than you’re starting with.
In this part, we are going to show you how to download Lexmark Printer Scanner Drivers for your Operating system.
Important Note: – Here, we’ve covered how to download Lexmark Scanner Drivers only for windows OS. For other Operating such as MAC or LINUX, kindly follow this page.
Step 1– Open Lexmark Printer & Scanner Drivers Download Page <- Click on the link
Step 2– Enter your Product or Software Name (In our case it’s Lexmark MS510)
Step 3– Select an Operating System
Step 4– Select Version of the OS
Step 5– Select Language and Click on Submit
Step 6- Next, click on the first option as it’s the most advanced and latest driver package
Step 7– Once you click on the driver, you’ll redirect to a new page precisely like the one in the picture below. Click on I agree and download.
Step 8– Run the downloaded file on your computer to update or install the latest Lexmark Printers or Scanners Drivers.
Before setting up the scan profile you need to make sure that the following requisites are met-
- Your PC and printer are connected to the same network.
- You have Java version 7 Update 51 or higher. If not, update the latest version.
- The browser is updated.
- Pop-ups are allowed.
- The printer’s firmware is updated.
- Printer’s IP address listed on the Java Exception Site list.
- NPAPI plugins are enabled.
Scan Profile setup must be accessed via the printer’s EWS. You will not need to set it multiple times. Here is the procedure-
Step 1: Go to the printer’s EWS using any web browser.
Step 2: Click on Scan Profile, further select Create Scan Profile.
Step 3: Wait for the window to load then specify the desired Quick Setup options proceed to the Next then.
Step 4: Set scan location, file name, user name and scan name and then click on Submit.
(We suggest you follow the user guide as well).
If you are facing trouble in accessing EWS (Embedded Web Server), you can follow the following troubleshooting-
Step 1: Turn on the Printer.
Step 2: Open a browser.
Step 3: Verify the IP address in the TCP/IP section in the Network/Ports menu. It will appear as four sets of numbers separated by a period.
Step 4: Type the correct Printer IP address and click on Enter.
Step 5: Check if the network is working by verifying the first section of the network setup showing Connected.
Step 6: Proxy servers restrict you from accessing specific Web sites including the Embedded Web Server. Thus, temporarily disable them.
Step 7: Check cable connections to the printer and print server and connect them correctly.
If you think you do the proper setup and still you are facing difficulty in scanning then,
The following can be the possible causes-
Your Printer is not ready.
- Problem with the USB connection.
- Network connectivity is lost.
- Scanner driver (TWAIN) is either not installed or is disabled.
- The Operating system is having some trouble with TWAIN drivers.
- Maybe the wrong Printer is selected.
The problems and the Solutions-
- Check all cables and connections.
- Turn on your Printer.
- Keep the devices like a router close to the PC and Printer for a more reliable connection.
- Turn off the firewall.
- Turn off your Printer and restart it after 10 seconds.
- Restart your PC and refresh connections.
Lexmark Printer Scanning Problem – Error: Local communication error.
- Turn on your Printer.
- For a proper USB connection,
- Use 6 feet cable and make sure that it is not defective.
- Try a different USB port.
- Keep USB host controller device drivers up-to-date.
- Unplug the other USB devices temporarily.
- Avoid USB hubs and port replicators, directly plug the cable into the USB port.
Try scanning now.
Lexmark Printer Scanning Problem – Error: Scan was not successful.
- Check connections.
- Check if the file name is already in use; if so, change the file name.
- Do not open the document or photo you want to scan in another application.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the scanner driver from the file manager.
- Remove all folders except Lexmark from TWAIN_directory.
- Select a correct scanner and verify that your default printer and selected printer via the application are the same.
- Verify that all printer components are present in the Device Manager.
- Check whether the AppScan time stamp or the Overwrite existing file checkbox is selected in the destination configuration settings or not.
- Resend the scan task.
Lexmark Printer Scanning Problem – Error: No Compatible printers are installed.
- Reinstall the printer software and do not disturb the window till it gets downloaded completely.
- Print a test page and reopen Lexmark Printer Home (LPH), you will be able to scan now.
Scanning Problems – Error: Cannot click on Document.
- Uninstall and reinstall ABBYY FineReader.
- Do not install more than one application given above. If installed remove it.
- Give the command now.
Error: Takes too long for scanning.
- Close background applications that you are not using.
- Choose a lower scan resolution.
- Scan now.
Error: Poor image quality.
- Keep the scanner glass and ADF glass clean using a clean, lint-free cloth dampened with water.
- Place the document properly in a face-down manner on the scanner glass in the upper left corner.
- From the general settings- adjust the Eco-mode setting.
- From the copy menu- adjust the Darkness setting.
- Scan setting- check if the Content-Type and Content Source settings are appropriate for the document being scanned.
- Replace the toner cartridge, if the document is being faded.
- Increase the scan resolution for better quality.
- Verify the quality of the original document or photo.
- Copy that document or photo.
Lexmark Printer Scanning Problem – Error: Partial scanning.
- Place the document or photo in a face-down manner on the scanner glass in the upper left corner.
- Match the paper size setting with the paper loaded in the tray.
- Copy that document or photo.
Error: Scanner remains open.
- Remove obstructions that are keeping the scanner open.
- Close the scanner.
If it has not worked out, here is the final stop-
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support. While contacting for support, you need to keep your machine/model type and serial number (SN) with you. Also, you have to tell them your problem and if any error message is popping up. The team can guide you on call to carry out some troubleshooting, so it is better to stay near to your system while contacting for help.
You can also opt for email or chat support. You can browse through their website for manuals and support documents. Or directly visit here- http://support.lexmark.com.
Some tips for maintenance of your product-
- Do not place the printer on the hot or the wet surface.
- Never use damaged cables or other accessories.
- Do not use extension cords or other UPS devices.
- Use the Power cord provided with the product only.
Final Words: –
Alternatively, you can leave us a message below regarding the problem you are having with your Lexmark Printer or Scanner, and we’ll try to help you with the solutions. Don’t forget to share this blog and website to your social media or friends, families, relatives, or colleagues if you were able to fix the problem.